1 MS Dhoni's tips have really helped me, says Kohli ~ "TAKE NO AS A QUESTION "

Thursday 8 August 2013

MS Dhoni's tips have really helped me, says Kohli

MS Dhoni's tips have really helped me, says Kohli


MS Dhoni's tips have really helped me, says Kohli
"I keep trying to talk to Dhoni about different situations. I chatted with him a lot in the West Indies and all his tips really helped me out," says Kohli. 

NEW DELHI: Breaks are a rarity in any international cricketer's life, especially if he comes from India. Virat Kohli has the chance to enjoy one as the next assignment on India's calendar is in October.

The young Delhi batsman, who has just returned after a couple of months on tour, is looking to make the most of the 'lean' period. "I can't believe that I have a two-month break.

The first month I am planning to take it easy and then start preparing for the one-day series against Australia after that. The month of August is going to be really relaxing," Kohli, who led India to a 5-0 ODI series victory over Zimbabwe, said on Tuesday.

The prolific 24-year-old batsman, who carries his emotions on his sleeves, believes there is nothing wrong in being aggressive on the field. "The criticism that I am being too aggressive has been there for some time now.

I have said this before also that it is never my intention to cross the line. That said, I always like to stick to my natural instinct which is being aggressive," he added.

Asked whether he got any leadership tips from Indian skipperMahendra Singh Dhoni, Kohli said, "When MS (Dhoni) goes away on holidays it's really difficult to contact him. He's a guy who generally doesn't say much.

I keep trying to talk to him about different situations and how I should try and handle myself in different conditions. I chatted with him a lot in the West Indies, when he was sidelined and I was leading. All his tips really helped me out."

India's domination of the ODI series in Zimbabwe was on expected lines but Kohli was especially pleased by Ravindra Jadeja's rise to the no.1 in the ODI ranking. "I am really happy that Jadeja has got the No.1 ranking.

He has worked really hard for it and I have seen him come up the ranks with me. I was his captain in the U-19 side as well. I am really happy to see him grow and I am proud of him.
"

0 comments:

Post a Comment

HTML Comment Box is loading comments...
MARUTHU Copyright@2014. Powered by Blogger.